Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Five Influential Books from Childhood

They say young minds are constantly being molded by the people around them and the activities they participate in.  When I was a little kid I can't think of anything that motivated me more than my literary choices.  Here is a list of the books which effected me the most:

5. Cross Country Cat
As you'll see most of my explanations don't make any sense.  I loved this book, my Dad used to change the words and I would yell at him and make him re-read the right ones. This book was the 80s version of Cat-memes. 

4. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark
I find this more frightening now than when I was a kid. I think embracing these short stories helped me realize most scary things are fiction, but that scary fiction can be fun.

3. Fear Street

I know I'm getting into the later years here, but I started reading these when I was still in elementary school.  I was a little old to really get into goosebumps because I'd already devoured most of the fear street collection. I still have several of these saved and love pulling them out for quick reads.


2.  The Little Red Hen

This is a story told over and over, but I still loved reading it over and over.

 



1. Where's Goldie?




I loved this book since I was a baby.  I used to crawl around and throw it at people.  It is simple and I enjoy it just as much now as I did then. Maybe I'm a sentimental sap but if I ever buy a bird her name will be Goldie.   

No comments:

Post a Comment